Originally commissioned in 2012 by Tom C. Clark High School (Texas)
"Mysterious front ensemble voicing gives Shift a dark beginning before a haunting flute solo starts the show.
Supported by an underlying battery presence, woodwind voices build tempo and volume giving way to strong
brass hits and a powerful full percussion presence. A shift in tempo leads out of the first production with a
foreboding feel. A clarinet feature opens the ballad, beginning to lighten the production. Different musical voices
subtly bring back the dark feel with musical falls, before more powerful chordal progressions let the light return,
completely shifting the mood of the show. The final movement starts building energy right away with driving front
ensemble runs, increasing the speed and volume before the full ensemble re-enters. A succinct percussion feature
utilizes strong support from the front ensemble, transitioning to an upbeat major chord dominated feeling, bringing
the show out of the darkness it started in, and pushing it fully into the light. As quickly as the build occurs, it fades
out giving one final statement to the flute soloist to bookend the production.
Composed by John M. Meehan (ASCAP)
Published by Silent JAM Music (ASCAP)
Liner Notes by Kendall De Jong
The show title, movement names and show length may be edited to meet the needs of the purchasing ensemble.
• Exclusivity (your state in purchase price, extra states available for a small additional fee)
• Cost Effective (price for complete winds, percussion and SmartMusic, is comparable to 4-5 permission to arrange requests)
• Time Effective (once all the paperwork is agreed to, your show is typically delivered within two weeks)
• Proven Quality (these shows were written for competitive marching bands like yours, competing and succeeding at State and BOA)
- NEW Lower Wind Price For 2015 - $900
Purchase price now includes ALL of the following...
• Full wind instrumentation scores and parts
• Reduced wind instrumentation scores and parts
• A simplified woodwind part
- $150 - Fully prepared SmartMusic files (brass and woodwinds only).
- $600 Percussion scores and parts by Mike Huestis with "as is" instrumentation.